Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Scofflaws Hit the Airwaves

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up. After the Sun story broke yesterday, I received two more interview requests. The first was last night, for WJZ which aired on the 11PM news last night. You can see the clip here: http://wjz.com/local/parking.tickets.2.989850.html . The video is in the upper right hand corner.

One of the questions they asked me, but unfortunately it didn't make the cut, was whether I was afraid to fight City Hall. I replied that it wasn't a problem at all, because I'm not fighting City Hall. We're fighting City Hall. They only had 2 minutes to cover our story (which was more than I thought we'd get, to be honest), and I think they did a pretty good job of distilling the problem down within that period of time.

Today at 2PM I'll be talking with Clarence Mitchell, IV (C4) on 1090AM WBAL radio. Check it out using the links on the right side of this page, and keep telling your friends!

Also, one of our fellow Scofflaws has her court date this morning to fight her tickets. Hopefully all goes well, and she said she'll post her results at the Facebook group. Maybe we can learn something from her experience. I'll make sure to repost any pertinent information here.

The producer at WJZ told me they picked up our story simply because of the traffic the Sun received on their website concerning our story. For a good portion of the day, it was the most viewed AND the most e-mailed story on their entire site, so keep it up! Forward our information around and put us in your Status Update on Facebook.

I was talking to two people in Fed Hill last night while I was grabbing a bite to eat before the interview. I told them our story, they became interested, and now they're joining up simply to support our cause! The more people we get interested, the more traffic we can create, the more opportunities we have to make a difference in this city.

More info when it becomes available.....

No comments:

Post a Comment