Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Snowball Continues.....

Got a Facebook message from FOX45 this morning. They wanted to do an interview for their 5PM news. Just wrapped it up, and I think it went really well. Sounds like they'll be focusing more on the website and the group as a whole, but we'll see how they edit it. Wish I didn't wear a hoodie and a Red Sox hat to work today, but I basically wear that everday. How was I supposed to know they'd try and get in touch with me?? They also want me on their morning show tomorrow morning (4/22), so I'll be talking about our cause at 6:50AM. http://www.foxbaltimore.com/

Looks like we're really getting taken seriously. This is happening people!

Again, I'll post more info when I get it.

2 comments:

  1. just saw the fox45. glad to see someone taking this issue up.

    one aspect of this i attempted to explain to my city rep once is the self defeating effect for the city. a couple of years ago i was in the situation where i owed over $1000 for a parking ticket and just didn't have the money to pay for it. I knew that I would probably be booted if i parked anywhere dowtown.

    so what did i do? i didn't go downtown. i didn't go take in any shows downtown, i didn't go shopping downtown, i didn't eat at any downtown restaraunts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am years late in responding to this and I hope someone still takes a peek at it every now and then. I'm sure the details of my story will sound familiar. I've recently started receiving harassing phone calls from a law office regarding an alleged parking ticket I received in 2007. The parking ticket was issued in front of my house, although I never received it and have no idea what I could possibly have done in order to receive the ticket. There are no bus stops, fire hydrants, or parking-related signage of any kind anywhere on my street. NONE. Short of parking perpendicularly, I can't imagine why I would have been issued a ticket. With fines, I'm now being asked to pay just over $1000. Prior to speaking with the Law Offices of Bendmeover & Screwme, I had no knowledge at all of this ticket. I no longer own the car. I plan to go to Holliday street with pictures of my street, but I don't really know what to expect. I have these images of being hauled away in a paddy wagon or something, mostly due to my wild imagination and not any expectations based on reality. Any advice or updates?

    ReplyDelete